To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

My mother-in-law is here and Thanksgiving Day was busy with lots of things, but I managed to squeeze in the one thing I really wanted to do yesterday - ride my horse. Russell and I had a great jaunt around the "neighborhood," and said hi to the thoroughbreds down the road. They've never come up to the fence before; isn't the young chestnut's head beautiful? And when they decided to turn tail and thunder back to the safety of their stable, Russell probably looked pretty impressive himself. He got on the muscle and contemplated trying some airs above the ground, but stuck to some fancy prancing down the road.

Today it is "blowing spit in the wind" (Oregonians will know what I mean), so I am doubly thankful for the chance to ride yesterday!

No comments: