To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Ready to rumble

My saddle is clean.

My horse is not; another snow bath or two would probably help. (You should have seen the grungy spot he left in the slush!) The white stuff is melting fast, though, and tomorrow's predicted rain may wash it all away. Maybe I'll let him out to roll again during chores tonight….
Can't wait to get back on this pretty pony again soon!
The above shot is SOOC (straight out of camera). Weird, huh? I thought it might look better – and more natural – in black and white.
Which do you prefer?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful color. I am thinking that he is not this red? That the white of the snow makes him look more red than he actually is?

Laura said...

I like the color picture - he's the same value as the trees behind him in the black and white. Tang doesn't have nearly that much energy!!

Unknown said...

the color! I agree, I think the snow put the white balance off, even the trees look crazy vivid. Lance looks great in the picture!