To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Head Neck and shoulders, knees and toes

Wednesday night Lance got a shockwave treatment (see HERE for a good explanation of this technology, which my husband has used with great success). I keep bugging him to try it on my frozen shoulder, to no avail. He did use it on my tennis elbow some time ago and got that quieted down.


Next up: Lance needs a haircut. Actually, he needs his mane evened out. The section he rubbed out last year is just about the right length now (it's darker, therefore hard to distinguish from his neck). The section caudal to that is thin and long, so just needs to be shortened. The larger section cranial to the rubbed area is thick as well as long, so I'll probably have to thin that. Ugh; I hate pulling mane. I doubt Lance will mind, though – especially if I do it while he's eating. ;-)

I'm so used to trying to manage my days so that I can shoehorn in a ride somewhere that I'm a little lost when the possibility of riding is removed. Oh, I have plenty to do, so it's not like I get bored or anything. Lance, on the other hand, IS bored. I can hand-walk him, but will do so carefully. My shoulder problems started the last time his activity was limited to hand-walking….

No comments: