To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Every day is different

I turned Lance out at noon for a few minutes because I didn't have time to ride him today before leaving to visit my dad in the hospital 400 miles away. I did ride last night, so it wasn't like Lance was "cooped up," but you would never have known that from the way he carried on! He ran and bucked and raced and turned hard and did sliding stops, over and over again. Several times he galloped towards me – and not with an "I'm done and coming to join up with you" attitude, either. Ahem; I had to firmly disillusion him of the idea that he could engage me in horse-play! By the time he was finally willing to come when I called, he was blowing hard. So glad I took the time to give him some turn-out. I hope it holds him until at least Sunday!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Fingers crossed for you and your Dad. Mine has had a couple of trips in and out since moving here and is going in this morning for an exploratory procedure. It is nice to have both my folks close. A relief really.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Hopefully Lance didn't re-injure himself :-o. Will add your dad to the prayer list!