To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Feeling deprived

Between the heat and Lance's lack of energy, my motivation to ride has gone out the window. Well, that's not it exactly. I want to ride, but I feel like I'm abusing my horse when the effort seems so much for him. It looks like we are going to Cowboy Campmeeting, so now there's no extra time to squeeze in a ride on top of getting ready for a big trip on top of work and chores and watering everything constantly. This evening I could feel myself getting agitated, and recognized it as riding withdrawal. I'm thinking about getting up with the sun in the morning to squeeze in a ride before work. We'll see....

1 comment:

Mary said...

How about some groundwork with obstacles? It is engaging, and physically slow.