To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Waffling

I'm getting down to the wire for submitting a State Fair Horse Show entry. I had fun showing with other mustangs (including Lance's sire!) and their owners two years ago, and Lance is far better trained now than he was then. And this year they've added "Mustang Dressage Suitability" and "Mustang Dressage." Not sure what that second class is, but would love to support it regardless. Gotta decide if I can spare the cash and time to go, the latter being even tighter than the former. Rick will be at the State Fair the day before the Mustang Show as Horse Show veterinarian, and Brian will be at the State Fair driving draft horses the day after the Mustang Show. Oh, and I'm demonstrating spinning the Sunday before all that. Can we just put work and other life responsibilities on hold for a week???


4 comments:

Alanna M said...

I hope you can go! They had welsh classes last year but they don't have any this year...

A :-) said...

Sounds like a very busy time, but those classes sound like things that could nurture your spirit and give you some time with Lance in the ring - things that are both important :-) I hope you can do it :-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yep, that's why it's called "fair week" :-D. Enjoy!

emma said...

I may or may not be a horse how junkie but I think you should go!!