To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Mustering my mustang

After being unseasonably warm – and wet, it is now unseasonably cold – and wet. Between that and, well, my life, riding has been scarce this week. I knew if I didn't squeeze in a ride today, the next possibility would be my lesson with Julie on Sunday . . . after four days off. Two days off is my limit, so in spite of a rather biting and blustery wind spitting cold rain off and on, I hurried down to the barn during one of the "offs" before noon. Lance and I had a good schooling session in spite of the puddles, staying mostly dry till the end. Then I waited out a heavy shower in the barn, working on Lance's mane while he enjoyed a lunch flake of that yummy second-cutting timothy.

Now I'm back in the house working through my to-do list and feeling rather smug while it pours outside!  ;-)

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Glad you got one in. Maybe better weather today?

Michelle said...

Yes, today is supposed to be beautiful – but I'm gone all day!

Mary said...

Catch those rides when you can! I am not planning to compete, but am continuing my dressage lessons for general improvement in our partnership.