To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

One good week

Feeling fine on Friday

Yesterday afternoon we turned the horses out, bringing them in after dark when we got home from a dinner date (the teenager was gone for the weekend).

Lance has been breathing worse again ever since. I saddled up for a ride today, but all we did was a little work at the walk when it was clear he didn't feel good. Now I don't feel very good, either. Amazing how much the health of my horse affects my state of mind. :-/

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm not thinking of this as a set back so much as a trigger. Hope you both are feeling better this week.

A :-) said...

Oh . . . :-( I agree with Theresa, something usually triggers my asthma - maybe there was something near the turnout that has triggered for him. I'm sorry this is such a rollercoaster.