To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

First time ever I saw your face...

Today I rode along with Rick on a call at the coast, which turned out to be at the barn where I first met Lance. Aw; what a perfect place to visit on Valentine's Day!
The corner of the barn closest to the camera is where Lance's stall was.

It was there I first laid eyes on a tall, handsome colt. He stayed there after we "bought" him, and I drove over as often as I could to hand-walk him in the arena and around the property while he was treated with shockwave therapy for a suspensory injury found in the pre-purchase exam. So today I took a little walk around the place, "down memory lane" so to speak, serenaded by a couple ravens.

This 100+ acre property has been for sale on and off since my first visit, and I must admit it would be my dream place if money to maintain it as well as to buy it were no object. The home sits apart from the barn, the owners no longer involved with the boarding operation.

And it's all a short drive to the beach!

1 comment: