To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The supermodels

This evening two ladies hauled to my place for a joint lesson, and I totally forgot about taking pictures until the lesson was finished. So there goes Carl,
a tall, narrow drink of water who belongs to the woman who originally contacted me about lessons (she's tall herself).
Such a pretty color, that dapple gray! If only they would stay that way!

Her friend's mare is a lot greener than Carl, although coming along nicely.

After they left, I rode in the twilight. Compared to the long-legged, finer-boned Thoroughbreds, Lance looks like a Mack truck. That's okay; I love my big red goober. :-D Here he is on a road ride on Mother's Day:

4 comments:

sylkan said...

I'm so glad you all connected!

Theresa said...

The dapple grey is stunning. I forget how long and lean TB are. I've looked at my short backed chunky monkey's for far too long! :-)

Mary said...

wow, that grey is stunning. I am sometimes tempted to go for a TB or Arabian x as a 2nd horse but then I remember my age! :-)

Michelle said...

Thanks for your matchmaking, Sylvia!

Theresa, my photos don't do those TBs justice – OR really show just how long and lean they are (the gray's owner is quite tall).

I have to say that the gray tempts me to consider an OTTB, Mary; he is mellow, sweet, and even a bit lazy – he reminds me of Lance!