To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Going solo



Today, nine months to the day after Rick vet-checked this nearly feral beauty for me, Stella and I went on our first solo ride. Granted, it was only across the width of my arena, our only tack a rope halter, but it was calm and uneventful, just the way good horse training should be. So pardon me, now that she's out nibbling emerging grass shoots and I'm back inside, while I yell "WOOOHOOO!!!"

7 comments:

marlane said...

Well done !!

Michelle said...

Thanks, Marlane! It felt pretty momentous. :-D

The Dancing Donkey said...

WOOHOO!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yay :-D

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing in my excitement, DD and Sara!

A :-) said...

Congratulations!! This is such great news!! Yay!!!

Retired Knitter said...

Excellent!!!!