To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

If you want to know it . . .

teach it! There really is something to that old adage, and I have been blessed to have people over the years who desired my instruction, thereby improving my own riding in the process. Right now my only student is a long-time friend; I don't charge her for lessons and she doesn't charge me for boarding my dog whenever we go out of town. Once a week or so I give her a lesson on her little thoroughbred mare; they are now schooling Third/Fourth Level. Since that is the level Russell has been schooling, I'm basically reinforcing in my mind what I need to be doing every time I give her a lesson. Since Brian is off with daddy, I think I'll pull on some breaches and go put those things into practice before it gets any hotter!

"The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a woman."

No comments: