To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dodging raindrops

Still here; still riding - although it's gotten tougher to find dry-weather windows to ride in. (That mushroom above is growing in our sand arena!) Saturday afternoon I took Russell down the gravel road for a short, stretch-your-legs jaunt and we were wet and windblown by the time we got home (fortunately, the downpour waited until we were back in the barn). Yesterday was dry, so I prioritized my day to fit in a schooling session in the arena while we had the chance. Today, the hoofprints Russell made look like this:
But tomorrow is supposed to be dry again, so you can be sure I'll take advantage of that!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hope you have dry weather tomorrow. I rode today. First time in 3 weeks. Our round pen is finally done but the arena still needs work.