To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Thought for the day

Taken from Jane Savoie's e-zine: "Action always generates inspiration. Don't wait any longer. Just do SOMETHING. You may have to force yourself. You may have to push through your inner resistance. But DO SOMETHING." ~Kris Garrett

There are days I stay off my horse because he doesn't deserve my frame of mind. But a lot of other times I need to read today's thought, pull on my breeches, and saddle up. How 'bout you?

1 comment:

Kara said...

There are many days I put on my riding boots but don't get the horses tacked up, when some other barn chore distracts me (or the ponies and their riders take to long) and I run out of time for my own. I find once I make the decision to get them out and saddle them up, the rest is easy. I can catch a second wind or become motivated in an instant, it is just getting to that point that is hard. ~Kara who FINALLY took advantage of the beautiful fall weather and rode today! :)