To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, January 31, 2011

New duds, good buds

I got Russell a new sheet (I keep him covered to reduce grooming time) from HorseLoverz.com. It was on sale, and has really nice features!

Yesterday my friend Laura hauled in to use my arena for her maiden voyage on her new mare Kiri. It's always nice to have someone on stand-by, footing that isn't slippery, and an enclosed area for such occasions. Laura and I share a love of horses and dressage, sheep and fiber, spinning and knitting - in other words, she's an extra-special friend!

After Laura left I turned Russell out for a bit of play time before riding him. I just love the shot I got of him - I think this is my new favorite photo of my favorite horse!

No comments: