To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Do you see what I see?

Yesterday while I was readying Russell for a ride, he was watching something intently. (ACK! Had a beautiful photo of him staring off into the distance and didn't save it from my camera card!)

I don't think he was admiring the subtle evening colors or the neighbor's house - but what is that dark shape low in the photo?

Ah-ha! Meadow rats.

Our ride started out rather rough but got better when I realized he needed more support from my right thigh/leg. I know he has physical issues to deal with, but much of the time the difficulties we face are caused by what I'm doing or not doing. It's usually us riders, isn't it? :-)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh, the deer are so cute! Lately I feel like it's always my fault when riding, hah.