To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, March 7, 2011

At the show

Although Russell and I couldn't go to the ball, my friend Debbie represented Third Level well, showing Test 1 Saturday and Sunday. I was there to coach her on Sunday (thank goodness she did a little better that day, or I'd sure look bad as a coach!) and put in some hours volunteering. Being an early-season league show (named "Bears Above the Ground" for the woolly horses), most of the riders there were showing at Intro, Training and First levels. There was a delightful assortment of dancing partners; besides warmbloods and thoroughbreds there were Morgans, Paints, Arabs, Friesian crosses, two mules and a Percheron named T. Rex - hee!

I took a few photos while Debbie warmed up her lovely little TB mare Ivy; enjoy.





1 comment:

TBDancer said...

I LOVE these "early season" shows because of the fuzzy horses (two organizations where I live have the Fuzzy Wuzzy shows--actually one is a playday--and there is a pony that has won "fuzziest horse" the last four or five years. NOTHING grows a coat like a pony!).

Debbie looks very nice schooling Ivy--a confident pair, each beautifully turned out. It looks like everyone had a good time. Loved the mule ;o) The braiding job on the Arab (?) was wonderful, too. I usually braid my TB when I show in schooling shows--because I do such a crappy job thinning and pulling his mane ;o) He has a gorgeous neck, so I can get away with thick, fat braids. A good post!