To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Another successful school

Above is what the arena looked like this afternoon; tonight it is sand soup with maple leaf croutons. The leaves will have to be dealt with quickly; organic matter affects drainage.

Fortunately the rain didn't start until around noon, so I was able to school Horton again this morning. Good news; he spooked at something when we were at the far right end of the arena, shying hard sideways, and then settled right back into his work. This reinforces my suspicion that Friday, when he jumped from my slipped foot, I inadvertently poked him with a spur. No point in adding that risk, so I've been riding without them since.

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I'm sure he appreciates that!

Mary Ann said...

Is that SNOW?????