To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

If I didn't have Lance...

...this girl might very well be my next project!

No, seriously!!! Years ago (like, 20; EEK!) when I first started competing in dressage, a Shire gelding, OneMile Joey, from this same farm was being shown successfully in the area. This three-year-old filly is built a little lighter than her pasture mates, and her feet aren't huge (comparatively speaking). And she's my favorite color. ;-)

I'd better get out and ride my boy and stop dreaming about black beauties!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they selling her??? Gasp. Not what I need but would love... dreaming.

Mary said...

She looks to be a flirt :-) I think I'd take her in a heartbeat. You can handle 2...go for it.
Michelle, you should see Nick this spring. He's gorgeous! I've let his mane grow out and even though I braid part of his tail...he still has a massive amount of hair. His black coat, white stockings, and white lightning bolt on his neck make him very striking. He has a small amount of feathers, and I'm debating whether to trim them. He got a bridle path, and I will trim some more. I don't know what the breed standard is for Curlies...I suspect au natural. Anyway, I really enjoy him.

Briana said...

Oh she's cute! Send her this way! ;) Afraid a Shire might be just a wee bit big for me though...sigh...

Michelle said...

She isn't being advertised and I don't think he plans to sell her, but I think he'd sell her to me – or at least let me train her for free. ;-)

Michelle said...

No more room at the inn, Mary – or time to train another in my schedule.

So when do we photos of handsome Nick on your blog???

Michelle said...

She's not a huge horse, Briana; her breeder doesn't like them so tall that they take a block and tackle to harness. She'd probably fit me quite nicely . . . but I'm 5'8".