To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Prancing through the puddles

At least that's what I visualized doing with Lance after watching this video today! Wow, what energy and animation!

I really didn't think I'd get to ride today; it was supposed to be another wet one, with the addition of fierce winds. The wind came as forecast, but not the additional rain (2 1/4" was enough, thank-you). I hated to miss my Sunday saddle time so decided to brave the conditions. Turns out, neither the puddles nor the gales provoked prancing from my pony; he was his usual energy-conserving self except for one very brief spook/spurt. He's no Zonik, but then again, I'm no Edward Gal – ha!

No comments: