To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Peace

Between my responsibilities and the heat and humidity of yesterday, I thought riding wasn't going to happen. But after supper, with the coast breeze freshening the atmosphere considerably, I decided to seize the remains of the day and headed down the road on my mental health mustang. Lance was a bit worried about going out alone and whinnied long and hard once, but didn't escalate beyond that. The beauty of the evening, friendly encounters with neighbors, and time on my fine steed was just what my soul needed. Ahhh....

2 comments:

Maggie said...

What a beautiful sunset....glad you both enjoyed the evening. X

Theresa said...

Perfect, you both needed that!