To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, June 6, 2016

Good therapy

Lance had three days in a row off, thanks to me having to work Friday and the weekend being so hot. Today was hot, too, and my low back is painful from stacking hay last night, but we ventured out for a road/trail ride anyway. We had a lovely jaunt, and my back was happier while I was in the saddle than all the rest of the day.

A big owl flew over the trail ahead of us at one point, a lithe deer trotted through an orchard beside us, and flowers bloomed along the way.

When we got back I hosed off my sweaty boy and turned both horses out on pasture. Lance had a good roll to finish off his shower properly, of course. ;-)

Tonight our local dressage chapter had a neat activity. I'll download my photos and tell you about it as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Great shot of Lance!

Theresa said...

Excellent therapy! :-)