To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Defending horses

When Alanna recently asked her followers for bonnet recommendations, I realized I had totally forgotten about the bonnet I purchased last year for Lance! Since 'tis the season for those nasty wee beasties that feast on blood in the horses' ears, I went looking for it. Fortunately, I had stored it in the most logical spot, the cupboard in the tackroom.



Although he doesn't look thrilled about it in these photos, Lance is much quieter on the trail with it on. Even when I wipe the horses' ears with fly spray, they shake their heads nervously when they hear a winged insect flying near. Thanks for the reminder, Alanna!

While I think I remember which company I ordered this from, and like the bonnet, I'm not going to promote the company here.     I've decided to put my money where my mouth is.

#dontsupportabuse

2 comments:

Alanna M said...

Yah! I'm glad you found it and that it helped. It's amazing what a difference it can make. That's a cute one!

Theresa said...

Our boys live in their fly masks with ears. For rides, I love the Cashel Quiet Ride fly mask with ears.
I have often wondered if a mesh fly sheet is worth the cost and bother. Dandy welts up from the horse fly bites.
Lance is looking handsome as ever. :-)