To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, May 8, 2017

My pokey little pony

Right after my last post (you know; when it wasn't raining yet?), I did indeed go down to ride Lance. We got wet. :-/

Lance and I keep putting one foot in front of the other. Nothing we've done has made a noticeable difference in his breathing or energy level (not even fresh green grass!),



so I still feel like I'm taxing my mount with any amount of movement I ask for. The only reason I keep asking is the belief that no exercise is worse for him than some exercise.

Today we went for a trail ride. The weather was perfect, the woods were peaceful, the wildflowers were beautiful – and I even captured a barred owl being harrassed by songbirds!






2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what a nice ride! Looks like spring is busting out all over your special spot in the world. Nice catch on the owl! Wow. At Texas A&M we use to do song bird counts using owl calls to rouse them.

A :-) said...

So bummed to hear that things still are not looking up for Lance and his breathing yet. Having asthma myself, and seriously struggling at this time of year when the trees are trying to leaf out, I can only imagine how it is for him.

Sure hope there will be some good news on this front soon - you've had too many horses with issues :-(