To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's been a wet week until today. I managed to get in a ride Sunday night after chores when the rain stopped for awhile, and then got in ride #2 for the week this afternoon. The sand in the arena is pretty sloppy, and Russell doesn't like that, but "oh well."

Russell's blaze is shedding; it's always the first area to start. After grooming his face, I decided to take a photo of his forehead whorls. I know some people put great stock in "reading" a horse's whorls; me, I just enjoy them - along with all the other little things that make each horse unique!

1 comment:

BobbieNoSocks said...

Spring is coming if the shedding has begun.