To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

From the ocean to the mountains

A photo from Mother's Day:

Come Memorial Day, I may have a photo of us with this beautiful backdrop:

This coming weekend we going horse-camping at the base of Mt. Adams. I am looking forward to some short trail/meadow rides on Lance; nothing too strenuous as I don't want to make him sore. Still just have the old Wintec saddle; decided not to pursue a different saddle from Mike as the shipping back and forth eats up a lot of cash and fitting a horse long-distance is practically impossible. A local saddle fitter has a bunch of saddles we can try on for size (with Suzan's input), and I'm also thinking of taking advantage of HorseLoverZ.com's free 21-day trial/free shipping both ways offer on all their Wintec saddles. I'm not a saddle snob; if I can find a Wintec that fits Lance and keeps him comfortable, I will be a happy horse-mom!

1 comment:

sylkan said...

Would you like to try my Schlese (sp?) It fit Horton pretty well, and he, too, had a round back. I'm not using it at the moment.