To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

I give up!

The horses got their first authorized pasture turn-out today . . . after Lance let himself out . . . and then let Breezy out after he was put back in. And that was after I'd installed new latches on their doors!

In full disclosure, the grass has gotten mature enough that we were going to start turning them out anyway. The sheep spent most of the day out; then late in the afternoon I put them in and turned the horses out. The sheep haven't been able to keep up with the early, lush growth.

I'm hoping to have a lesson/evaluation with Suzan tomorrow, but haven't gotten confirmation yet. At least it is supposed to be cooler tomorrow; today got downright hot!

Speaking of summer weather, today I received a couple photos taken at one of our campouts last summer. I'm no equestrian fashion plate, but I think my mount sure is a looker! ;-)

No comments: