To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Abuse – when do you speak up?

Anna Blake's horse blog gets my vote for MVB. Today's post is another prime example of why.

################################

Yesterday Lance and I sloshed our way through a good schooling session in the wet sand. Today it's blowing and raining; neither of us would enjoy riding in this weather. The last of the leaves are coming down, too; we'll have to do another sweep of the arena when it dries out so we don't grind them into the sand. But I'll take this over feet of snow any day!

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

Mary said...

thanks Michelle. Having boarded my entire adult life, I have seen lots of iffy training methods. I suspect that my own riding has elicited a look once or twice. :-( I haven't seen awfully severe methods until I watched a reining trainer. When there is a time factor to get those 2yo ready, I think people take "shortcuts".

Unknown said...

Great link to Anna Blake's post. Been there, felt that, including the regret of not acting. Not knowing if saying something will make it better or worse. Thank again for the post.

The weather here is just plain embarrassing, summer is refusing to let go.