To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Walking on concrete – and living on the edge

After the icy precipitation ended, it cleared off – and got colder. When ice was on things, it wasn't in the ground; now that the ice is (mostly) gone, the ground has frozen solid. I'm still riding Lance, but our work is short and very limited due to the concrete-like footing. In spite of that, I was still hoping to take a lesson today, but work interfered. Given our circumstances, I have to take whatever work I can get – and look for more. Thankful for the birthday gift that will allow me to take a lesson or two, because after that it will be a long, dry spell when it comes to any extra expenditures!

No comments: