To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

My Christmas surprise

In spite of getting knocked off balance by Tuesday's sad news, we had a lovely, quiet Christmas. My husband acquiesced to my family's European tradition and we opened gifts Christmas Eve. However, one of my gifts was too big to fit under the tree; in fact it still needed a bit of assembly and wasn't even on the property! So on Christmas day he drove to his clinic to pick up the poles and supports of the cavaletti he built for me and we put them together with lag screws. It was dark by the time we got home from a potluck Christmas dinner with church friends, but I just had to try them out by the light of the full Christmas moon.
They are just perfect. Lance is transformed by cavaletti, and seems to like them, too. I've been using some miscellaneous PVC pipe pieces that move too easily; as soon as he checked these out he knew they were the real deal and picked his feet up accordingly. Rick might make me one more; I never would have complained about getting only three, but he did ask if three was the right number.... ;-)

Tomorrow I'm hauling up to Julie's for a lesson; heehaw! Lance is obviously still legging up from his suspensory strain, so we will take it easy. Still excited, though!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow! Beautiful and have lots of fun at your lesson.

Alanna M said...

What a great gift!

Mary said...

oh, those are lovely.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Ooh, great gift :-D.

emma said...

what a sweet and special surprise!