To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, April 4, 2016

The weekend that was, and wasn't

Last Thursday Lance and I had another lovely ride through the spring woods, flower-spotting along the way. Saw lots of Oregon Grape (not a grape, but our state flower), and more of my favorite wild iris.
It felt positively summer-like, and Lance actually worked up a little sweat.

I had to work on Friday, then leave immediately afterwards for a Christian women's retreat at the Oregon coast. My friend Kate rode with me, and we were practically in agony over heading to the beach in glorious weather without our horses (doggies, too)!
Still, we enjoyed the weekend very much, and the beautiful weather continued long enough Sunday afternoon for Lance and me to get in another woods ride when I got back.

Now I have brief window of time before Brian's violin lesson, so off I go again. :-)

1 comment:

Mary said...

The pics of the coast are gorgeous.