To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Riding, not writing

I realize things have been quiet here. I've been riding Lance (still in the old Wintec), working on conditioning, improving balance, and fine-tuning his responses to my aids. He is picking up and maintaining canter better, which tells me we are making progress on all counts. I gave my camera to my son recently to get some video proof, but it didn't turn out.

The beach is still calling to me, as is the desire for some experienced eyes on the ground. The young lady that I took some clinics with on Russell, Larry and Horton is coming back to the area for the summer at the end of this month, so there is help on the horizon. My goal is to have Lance going solidly at Training Level by then so we can move on with Julie's help. Maybe she'll even want to go to the beach for a ride!

4 comments:

Alanna M said...

I love beach rides! Tarra and I are going over early next Saturday. It's sure to be fun.

Mary said...

eyes on the ground...yes, it's essential. I ride at a barn with mainly casual and western riders so miss the extreme detail of a dressage or HJ barn. It's good to have someone watch and comment. Enjoy your training Michelle, and oh! I bought Theresa's OrthoFlex. :-) It is wonderful to ride in-we had a little spookorama last night and I stayed put.

Michelle said...

So glad the Ortho-Flex went to a good home! I was really tempted, but Len Brown (its maker) told me it would need to be converted – by him, of course – to work for my horse. Since my funds are limited and it all started to sound like a big experiment, I shied away. You are there and could try it out; yay!

Michelle said...

Jealous....