To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Training Level, here we come!

I sent in our entry today for an ODS League show on July 28. Like the Intro and First Level tests I rode on others' horses last year, the Training Level tests have changed since I last rode them (probably more than 15 years ago). Time to start memorizing! I'm also trying to convince my friend Debbie to enter the same show and haul down with me. She just had carpal tunnel surgery today, but I'm pretty sure Julie (the young lady we've both taken some lessons from) would be willing to show Debbie's mare if Debbie can't.

Speaking of Julie, she'll be here – for the summer at least – on Monday. I'm excited about getting some feedback and instruction on my boy!

I rode Lance up the road this afternoon; he's more forward outside the arena. I won't get to ride again until next Tuesday, because we're headed out of town. (Sure hope the person doing chores makes sure to clip and chain the stall doors!) After riding I turned the horses out into the lower pasture, and then had to admire the mirror-like shine on handsome Sir Lancelot. (If only he didn't have that big chunk of mane missing. Maybe that's supposed to keep me humble. ;-)

4 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

He looks great!

Mary said...

Need a pair of white breeches?

Michelle said...

Thanks, Sara!

I have a pair of FITS in white that I save for show.

Lori Skoog said...

Such a beautiful boy! Enjoy your trip.