To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Wet feet

I was determined to ride today because the rest of the week is supposed to be really wet. Today was just "off and on" wet. But wouldn't you know that the one window of time I had was during one of the wet periods? But I played along, grooming and saddling Russell in his stall while the rain rattled down on the corrugated roofing then going up to the house to check on Brian's school project. After half an hour, another break in the rain rolled over the coast range and I got in a short schooling session in the arena. I try not to ride in there when it's this wet, but with Brian home I didn't have the option of riding up and down the road. The sand cleaned up Russell's hooves nicely, at any rate. He's been stocking up in his back legs every day, so working the edema out is an added motivation to get regular rides in. That, and being ready for another clinic around Christmas!

No comments: