To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Wet and worth it

A couple hours ago it looked like it had stopped raining, so I grabbed a jacket and headed to the barn. Before I could get Russell saddled up it started raining again, but after seeing that his rear fetlocks were slightly stocked up and determining that it was really only sprinkling, I decided a short ride was in order. I whisked off his head and saddle area, threw on my old Wintec all-purpose sport saddle, and off we went to get the mail. It was only a 15-minute walk, but it got rid of the swelling in his hind legs and seemed to perk him up. And we didn't get that wet. Yep, totally worth it. (-:

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for you!! I went to look at a welsh x arab mare that Correy found. Turns out her owner is a gal who had come to look at Kiri!

I, too, rode in the rain (heavy drizzle, light rain) yesterday, and it was wonderful.

When I get her home - I'll have pictures. She looks like a white My Little Pony figure - very welsh, long flowing tail, and kind of pudgy...

Anonymous said...

Good you got Russel out for some exercise. I used to enjoy riding in a fine soft mist. Almost seems magical.

Theresa said...

Oh hooray! We have had more than a drizzle here and
of course prep for the folks visit on Sat. Maybe I can carve a little riding time out once they arrives. Great pictures and congrats on such a wonderful group ride too. Russell is looking quite handsome and how fun that everyone came along too.