To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Naked lunging

My handsome Chippendales dancer ;-)
Rick asked me to lunge Lance without saddle or surcingle to see if the lump still occurs. "How could it?" I thought, but complied anyway. And you know what? The answer is not conclusive! There did seem to be something, maybe a thickening, along the right side of his spine in the problematic area afterwards, but I can't be certain it wasn't there before starting. Plus, Lance had several other bumps (bug bites?) scattered over his back today. I'm thinking I need to replicate this experiment and palpate more thoroughly "before" in order to more accurately compare "after."

Rick said he might be able to ultrasound Lance's back tomorrow, but the cobbler's children know better than to get their hopes up about shoes.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Such a hunky guy! Hope you can get some resolution!

Theresa said...

Well it IS nice to see the guy full on without any of those silly trappings we insist on. ;) Here's hoping that you get some answers on the bumpy back.

Mary Ann said...

Lance looks so beautiful in the sun! (I'm trying to get caught up today!) ... but it's also good to know that Dr.Rick is so busy!

Michelle said...

Thanks, ladies, for your nice comments and good wishes. We have a diagnosis (post when I have time to finish it), and therefore a treatment plan. I am also looking forward to trying Theresa's Ortho-Flex saddle on Lance.

Mary Ann, Rick isn't THAT busy....