To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pleasantly surprised!

I was able to get the boy out to stretch his legs for a bit yesterday, although he was much more interested in eating weeds than romping and rolling at first:
Basking in a rare moment of sunshine
(He was covered with wet sand when I brought him in, however.)

This afternoon the sun broke through again, and this time I was able to shoehorn in a ride. In spite of how ornery he's been acting in his stall, Lance was very good under saddle.

It's probably too much to hope for time to ride tomorrow; I have a long to-do list and a short morning before heading into town for the afternoon. Thursday I'll be gone all morning on an airport run, but maybe, just maybe, we can fill our dance card Thursday afternoon. It sure improves both our attitudes to do so!

No comments: