To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

And so it goes

My "fuzzy" in the fog

Lance is back to eating normally again, and the weather has warmed up. I did break down and buy him a bag of Purina Strategy Healthy Edge when it was $5 off at the feed store; Lance has never relished oats, and refused them completely while fighting the virus. I want him to ingest his Horse Guard, daily wormer, and MSM; they don't do him any good sitting in his feeder!

Life with new job is settling into a more predictable rhythm. I can usually count on riding Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; if other opportunities present themselves, I grab them with gratitude. I'm hoping that one of these days I can schedule a Wednesday lesson with Julie, but haven't checked with her yet. Kate and I also want to head to the beach sometime soon – Sunday, if possible. She is facing breast cancer surgery, and probably won't be up to riding for awhile after that. Gotta get our rides in while we can!

4 comments:

Alanna M said...

Does he like is Healthy Edge?

Michelle said...

Yes, he does, and I like the higher fat content. We used it for Rick's old cutting horse that couldn't handle a lot of protein.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I think I'd enjoy having a more set schedule like that! Glad Lance is back on track.

Unknown said...

Give Kate my regards, I'll keep her in my thoughts.