To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Watched pots and other hazards

The state fair horse show photographer is slower than slugs; it is driving me to distraction waiting for our photos to get uploaded.

I am also waiting on our fancy browband now that the designs of the two strands are finalized. As responsive as DarkJewelDesigns has been, I'll probably get the browband before the photos!

Now that I have a dressage show in our sights, my dances with Lance have taken on new purpose – and less pleasantness. Instead of just enjoying my saddle time, I am asking specific questions and expecting specific answers from Lance . . . and finding my expectations oft unmet. Much of that is me, I know; I need to find time to take a lesson with Julie so she can whip ME back into shape. I also need to continue our trail rides through the woods to just enjoy my boy. I hope to do that late this afternoon.
:-)

No comments: