To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Two rides in the bank

I did get Lance out for a ride in our snow-covered arena on Sunday. Yesterday I decided we'd have better footing on our thawing gravel lane, so we schooled there and cooled out in a snowy field.

I'm not sure what opportunities we'll have the rest of this week; the temperature is going up but the rain is coming down.

Our ODS chapter's league show is coming up at the end of February; I need to pull out my test booklet to see what we're ready for and ride with those tests in mind. I also want to schedule a couple lessons with Julie to utilize her eyes on the ground.

Looks like I'll be the eyes on the ground for someone else soon if we can work it out. A schoolmate of Brian's is interested in taking dressage lessons and entering our show; we're going to try to meet up for the first time this Sunday. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: