To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, May 11, 2018

An update on several fronts

The pasture grass has headed out, so Lance and Oliver are getting a little afternoon turn-out. Happy boys!

They love not only the grazing, but also the chance to roll and scratch their itchy, shedding hides. Today I noticed that a certain particularly itchy big-butt boy has been rubbing his rump a little too vigorously; this is the second board Lance has broken doing that. 😳

It's been a little over a month since Lance's last shockwave treatment. Rick says it's time to check that suspensory ligament again; if it looks good, we'll be cleared to increase our activity. I'm not sure Lance will welcome that; his energy level, even when first turned out into exciting green grass with his buddy, is very low. Not that I want him tearing around, risking re-injury!

Looks like I have not just one, but two new clients for dressage lessons. Next week they may both haul out here instead of me driving somewhere, so I might take some pictures. Both are riding nice, off-the-track Thoroughbreds; the original enquirer's gelding is a surprisingly mellow fellow!

3 comments:

sylkan said...

Looking forward to photos of your clients. I do so enjoy "matchmaking" when it works out. And glad you got that pesky tooth dealt with.

Alanna M said...

That's cool!

Mary said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for Lance's full recovery soon.