To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Look for the bright spots!

Happy 2023, everyone. I really wanted to do a 2022 wrap-up post before the end of the year because there was so very much to relate, but obviously that didn't happen. I still want to write that post for my own records at least, but it will take a lot of time to wrangle the words and photos into shape, so don't hold your breath.

It takes far less time to tell you that 2023 has begun in proper fashion – on the back of a horse. Long-time readers will know that this is my one firm annual tradition, and today dawned bright and beautiful and dry, enabling not only being astride, but really riding. Stella and I had a lovely schooling session (with two red-tailed hawks soaring overhead) followed by a ride down the gravel lane and back, stopping to wish neighbors a happy new year along the way.


All may not well in the world nor in my smaller sphere of life, but it is well with my soul. 😊

6 comments:

Terry said...

You've accomplished so much with Stella! That you could have a -good for your soul- ride on what had been a feral filly, is really something. Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Thanks, Terry. It has taken longer than I ever imagined to 'tame' my feral filly, but what's the hurry, right? The joy is in the journey! Happy New Year to you, too.

marlane said...

It is always fun to know how you and the family are doing. Here it is so rainy (at last) that all riding has been suspended !! All of us are so happy to have moisture and green grass.

A :-) said...

So glad you were able to continue this annual tradition :-) Happy New Year to you and to Stella! Somehow I think great things are in store for you both in 2023.

Michelle said...

Marlane, the beginning of the year has had less rain than more, so I was able to ride every day so far. Today will likely break my streak as I work and visit a senior couple afterward. Will probably be dark by the time I get home.

A great relationship continuing, that's for sure, even if there is no showing, A!

Retired Knitter said...

Just catching up on all you posts this morning. I have fallen way behind on all my blogs. Loved seeing Stella’s ears again. :-)