To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Playing hooky

I got in rides yesterday (in the fog) and today (in light showers). This afternoon after our ride I was grooming Russell while he stood loose in his stall. He got spooked just a bit by something Brian was doing, and did a slow-mo escape out his open stall door before I could move to block him. He made a beeline for the green grass and, exhilarated by his sudden freedom, would have stuck his tail in the air and skidded around in the mud if I'd pursued him too quickly. So I pulled out my camera and took a few photos while slowly approaching him. Then he stuck his head in his halter and let me lead him quietly back to his stall. He's such a good boy....


I have our entry filled out for a league show the first Sunday in March; I just need to make a copy of my Oregon Dressage Society membership card and mail it in. No pressure; it's close and casual, and we're riding Third Level Test One which we've done several times before at recognized shows. I'm just looking forward to the feedback!

1 comment:

BobbieNoSocks said...

Riding in the fog has to be pretty cool... like a dream