To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Be it ever so humble...


Horton at home
I'm surprised Horton didn't stage a walk-out while at my house; his usual accommodations are MUCH nicer. Sylvia said he practically jumped into his blanket last night, poor boy; here I only blanketed if he was still damp and I didn't want him to chill while drying out. I know I could get spoiled by the nice, big, covered arena with excellent tanbark footing; it was lovely to school in!

As planned, I returned to school Horton at his home barn one more time today. Sylvia said he recognized the sound of my car! And even though he bucked impressively on the lunge line, Horton was very good under saddle both for me and for Sylvia. I trust this is a new beginning to a long and happy relationship between them!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Oh, baby! You'll never guess what was waiting in my inbox when I got home this evening. I'll show you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lori Skoog said...

Horton has it knocked! What a gorgeous facility.