To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Therapeutic riding

Even though it was a damp and dreary, frigid and foggy day and I feel like I'm fighting off some sort of bug, I dutifully ventured out to work with Lance this afternoon. He was much calmer than yesterday (except for his ever-busy mouth) and I enjoyed our ride. I even got to see some of it, because Brian was willing to shoot some video with my camera; yay!

What I learned is that Lance looks much better than he feels, although it's still obvious he is green. Usually I have the opposite reaction when I see videos of myself riding – it felt better than it looks.

Another plus is that Lance always has "lipstick" at the end of our rides, a good indication of a relaxed jaw.

I'm so glad Lance demands regular exercise; after riding I felt better than I had all day!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I hope you continue to feel better!