To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My guy in action

I had a second lesson with Julie this morning. When I decided to get my spurs before beginning, I asked Julie if she wanted to ride Lance around to see what he feels like. Video opp! (She tried to shoot some video while I was riding, but didn't know how to work my camera so only managed to capture two- and four-second clips.)



I am so pleased with how my guy looks here! He's just warming up, but is solid and steady for a green youngster. Oh, we still have lots to work on before his Training Level debut, most notably our trot-canter and canter-trot transitions and the stretchy trot circle, but he is responding so nicely that I know we'll make good progress.

6 comments:

Briana said...

Aw he is looking so good! You're a bad influence on me...you're going to have me adopting a mustang after I get River going and buy back my Rhapsody girl after college! ;)

thecrazysheeplady said...

He's super cute!

Mary Ann said...

He's just a lovely boy, isn't he?

Anonymous said...

What improvement. So relaxed and engaged. Can't wait to see how he does in the next show.

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

Wow! He's so smooth. Very nice!

Theresa said...

VERY nice! What great strides you two have made. He's nice and steady and relaxed. He's learned how to learn, the hardest step!