To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Wild thing...

...you make my heart sing!

Mine's the one acting like a wild mustang. ;-)

That wild thing – who's really not – and I are going to have a (hopefully) fun adventure on Wednesday. I've been "stuck" at home with Lance, waiting for Rick to help me off-load the camper before hauling anywhere. Yesterday it was made clear that the camper will not be off-loaded before our Labor Day camping trip. The refrigerator is dead and needs its cooling unit replaced, which is more easily done when it's mounted. Since I'm going to have to haul Lance to the State Fair mustang show with the camper on the truck, I might as well face my aversion to the situation and haul him other places, too. So last night I tracked down the facility with the trail obstacles online (WOW, what a place!) and sent a request about riding there on Wednesday. This morning I got a response that said to be ready to ride at noon. Now I just need my own television crew to follow me around so I can show you what the place is like and how Lance does – but I think they are all busy at Equinox Farm. ;-)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like a fun place! We have lots of felled juniper boles (BLM Fuel reduction) that Tang actually walks over instead of through. I've thought about having her skid some home, actually - most of the big diameter ones are gone, leaving the smaller ones which would actually fit in my wood stove! I'll have to work on her dragging skills.

thecrazysheeplady said...

That place looks AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

Lance is getting muscled up!