To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Another card in the Rolodex

Last Sunday, Stacey featured a training tip from Shannon Peters on her blog. The concept was not new to me, but it's been awhile since I've thought about keeping my elbows connected to my hips. I put it into practice during my next ride, and it worked marvelously to help Lance lift his back and connect with me – or rather me with him!

I think of these various training tips as cards in a mental Rolodex. The trick is to keep flipping through those cards and utilizing all the tips while riding so that you and your horse can be the best partners you can be, moving together in beautiful harmony.

No comments: