To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rain dance

Today both the weather and my health were better, so I got to play with my pony. It was dry all day – until I went down to saddle up. Oh well, it wasn't supposed to rain hard or last long, so I persisted, and we had a good dance in the drizzle. I didn't bother to set up our trot poles since Lance didn't work much last week; we just schooled gaits and transitions, which were very good. I've been trying to keep my inside leg at the girth and my outside leg well back to contain Lance's haunches as Julie had me do in our last lesson; what a difference that has made! (Don't ask me what I've been doing all these years when I thought I was riding correctly....) Oh, and for the first time Lance rocked the difficult exercise of leg yield down the wall in trot. Woot!

No comments: