To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Seahorse

It's been a wet week. I managed to get a ride in Tuesday after work during a lull in the rain, although the arena was pretty wet. While riding I started coughing, and realized that after working with sick people for weeks, I was finally succumbing. Drats.

This morning looked like this:

I didn't have the energy to ride when the faucet turned off for awhile this afternoon, but I did turn the Big Red Goober out for a bit to stretch his legs. He ran off to take a bath in the wet sand, and then spent most of his time being goobery.  ;-)

When I put him back in his stall with a treat ball full of hay cubes to play with, he was creating puddles. Someone is going to need a good grooming to fluff up that insulting hair once he's dry!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Oh such wonderful photos of Lance enjoying himself!